Friday 16 January 2015

Letters to My Friends


There's something very magical in the moment that the post arrives and there is a letter addressed and waiting for you. Not a phone bill or a magazine subscription but a hand written letter all for you. 

I don't know if it's just me but I really enjoy receiving letters. Perhaps it's the thought that someone has spent so much time writing, going to the trouble of buying a stamp and making the effort to pop the letter in the post box, that really makes me appreciate them. 


One of my new year resolutions was to continue writing to my friends and to write to as many new people as possible. Some of my friends who I have started writing to live a few hours away from me, which means I don't get to see them as often as I would like. But there is a plus side to them being away, it means I can write them really long letters about what I've been up to & I enjoy hearing all about them too. Of course, I could send them a text message or give them a ring, which don't get me wrong, I do. But where is the fun in that? I'd much rather prefer to see my friend's handwriting on a letter, knowing that they've poured their heart and soul into it, rather than sending a text. 


So, let me know, do you like receiving letters? Do you write to anyone now? If you aren't, I encourage you to do it! It's a lot of fun, and you'll always look forward to the post arriving. 

 ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment