Tuesday 13 January 2015

Life Plans


Last week marked the first day back at work, the first time in 2 weeks that routine was restored into my life and I could no longer nap in the middle of the day or watch Netflix until 2am. It meant less time to think, to dwell and to consider what would be happening over the next couple of months in my life and it got me thinking, does everyone have a life plan?

I was talking to a couple of friends about this and we told each other our hopes and goals for the future. Some wanted to go travelling, some wanted to work and others just had no idea yet. I figured that I'm jealous of those who say they don't worry about that kind of stuff, they don't know what's happening tomorrow let alone next year or the rest of their life

All I know is that I'm aiming to go travelling at some point this year, to get onto a good PhD programme and live my life to the absolutely fullest, being able to look back and go, yeah 2015 was a great year for me. In an ideal world I would love to just wing it and see where I end up. But at the end of the day, that's not me. I thrive off structure and organisation and I find it fun to plan for the long term. I don't have my future mapped out, I don't really have a life plan. But I know what I want to achieve in the next year or three and that's what I'm going to base it off. As long as I do those things then I'm pretty happy for life to take me wherever. Because, as John Lennon always said, life happens when you're busy making other plans.

I thought the philosophical nature of this post deserved a really 
arty picture I took of the sunrise last week, oooh how lovely... 

No comments:

Post a Comment